Harden Shire Council encourage residents to develop good recycling habits by taking advantage of the free recyclable disposal at the Harden, Jugiong and Galong Waste Transfer Stations.
All of Harden Shire's Waste Transfer Stations are DrumMuster collection sites, allowing farmers to dispose of chemical drums in a safe and environmentally friendly way. DrumMuster is the biggest environmental program ever undertaken jointly by farmers, chemical users, local government and Crop Production and Animal Health Industries.
Waste, Organics & Recycling
Harden Shire Council operates weekly general household and a fortnightly recycling and organics service* for all residents in the township of Harden Murrumburrah.
Council provides a red lidded bin for general household and domestic waste, a yellow lidded bin for recyclables and a green lidded bin for organic and green waste.
For more information relating to the acceptable and non-acceptable items for each bin:
Domestic Waste, Recycling and Organic Service Collection Times:
- General domestic waste bins are collected once a week on a Tuesday or Wednesday depending on the location (excluding Public Holidays when they are collected the day after the scheduled pick-up day).
- Recycling bins are collected once a fortnight on a Thursday (excluding Public Holidays).
- Organic waste bins are collected on the Friday following your Recycling pick up. (A fortnightly service is provided from October to March. *From April to September, a four weekly service is provided.)
Harden Shire Council operates fortnightly general household service for all residents in the township of Galong. Council provides a 240 litre red lidded bin for general household and domestic waste items.
Bin not collected! What do I do?
If your bin has not been emptied, please check the lid to see if the driver has left a notice for you which may advise why the service did not occur. This can include:
- The incorrect bin being left out
- The bin was too heavy for the truck to lift
- The bin was not facing the right direction (wheels away from the kerb)
- The bin was obstructed
- Contamination of the bin with the incorrect waste item; or
- Other service issue as detailed
If you do have a notice, please follow the instructions outlined on it and rectify the issue to ensure that the service will occur on the next collection day.
If there is no notice or you are not aware of any of the above listed issues, please contact the Technical Services department of Council on (02) 6386 0100 to arrange a service.
Waste Transfer Stations
For excess waste and bulky items Harden Shire operates 3 Waste Transfer Stations, with the following operating hours:
Harden Murrumburrah Waste Transfer Station is open from 9:00am - 3:30pm on Wednesday and Friday and from 9:00am - 5:00pm on Sunday
Galong Waste Transfer Station is open Thursday and Saturday from 9:30am to 12:30pm
Jugiong Waste Transfer Station is open Thursday and Saturday from 1:30pm to 4:30pm