This section contains details and updates on the latest water restrictions in Harden Shire.
With the recent onset of hot weather Harden Shire Council wish to remind its customers that water restrictions are currently in place. To avoid further restriction customers are requested to adhere to the new restrictions so there will be sufficient water available over what is predicted to be a long, hot and dry summer.
All Harden Shire Council Customers are advised that the following water restrictions are in force until further notice:
- The use of sprinklers, fixed hoses and fixed sprinkler systems is permitted for all domestic garden watering only from 6.00am to 8.00am and from 6.00pm to 8.00pm daily.
- Handheld hoses can be used only after 6.00pm and before 8.00am.
- The filling and topping up of private swimming pools is permitted
- The washing of paved areas and roofs by buckets only except as required by law
- Public gardens, sports grounds and bowling greens are limited to sprinklers only from 6.00am to 8.00am and from 6.00pm to 8.00pm daily or by arrangement with Council.
- Water cartage from Harden Shires Water Supply is only from Council's public Standpipes
- There is presently no restrictions on the washing of motor vehicles but customers are urged to do so on grassed areas
- There are no restrictions on ready mixed concrete or Abattoirs and other industrial activities with these users strongly encouraged to adopt water saving measures.
All consumers are strongly urged to limit water usage where possible. These restrictions will be enforced across Harden Shire to every household, rural or residential, that utilises the town water supply.
Consumers seeking clarification can do so by contacting Council during normal business hours.